SIMPLE YET GENTLE & EFFECTIVE
Not a teen anymore and I still struggle with acne problems. With sensitive skin, I learned over-the-counter products do not work for me, simply too many harsh chemicals. After researching, I discovered the best remedy for sensitive skin is raw organic products in its purest form, which are some items from my fridge or pantry.
Hemp seed is a wonderful nutrient-filled oil. The healing properties are phenomenal while doubling down as a great moisturizer for skin and hair. Combined with products from the fridge, it makes an undeniable and inexpensive alternative for skincare.
Hemp seeds are edible and great for boosting and regulating your immune system by giving you two essential fatty acids (Omega-3 and Omega-6). I don’t eat hemp seed oil, I only use it as a face moisturizer and as an additive to my exfoliating scrub.
Let’s Get to the Juicy Stuff—Ingredients:
- Lemon Juice (jazz up your scrub with adding lemon zest too)
- 2 Part Sugar
- 1 Part Hemp Seed Oil
- Mason Jar
- Few Drops of Rosemary Oil or Vitamin E Oil as a Natural Preservative (optional)
Real quick side notes:
- Ratio: Sugar to Oil 2:1
- Sugar: preferably organic cane or dark brown but white works just as well
- Mason Jar: any kind of glass jar to store your scrub for retaining freshness and purity of the natural oils
- Optional Oils: you don’t have to use Rosemary Oil or Vitamin E Oil as a natural preservative, but if you do the mixture will last longer
Benefits of natural preservatives:
Rosemary Oil on skin is beneficial for reducing scars, decreases dryness, tones, adds a healthy glow and works as an unbelievable disinfectant. For dry acne skin, add a drop or two to your cleanser.
Vitamin E Oil has anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties. YA! We can reduce the appearance of scars and maintain a youthful glow.
Addition of Lemon Juice:
- Anti-bacterial, which helps cleans the skin
- Reduces the appearance of scars
- Brightens and evens out the skin tone
Why use Hemp Seed Oil?
- Enhanced with vitamins A and E, which means youthful and firm skin
- Built with Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, Amino acids and Fiber; so you will have stronger, elasticity, rejuvenated and less inflamed skin
- Non-comedogenic, it won’t break you out or clog pores
- Calms acne down, relief of itchy and redness
- Balances sebum or oil production levels. YES! In control sebum means a harder time for acne to form.
GIVE ME THE STEPS:
Create the Scrub
- In a bowl, squeeze the juice of a 1/4 lemon.
- Add sugar and hemp seed oil. Remember, you are using a ration of sugar to oil—2:1.
- Stir the ingredients together with a spoon until fully blended. You should have a grainy-wet-sand like consistency but slightly runny; not too dry because you want it to stick to your face.
- Wash your face with your favorite cleanser.
- After cleansing your face, leave it damp to prepare it for the exfoliation process.
- Apply your mixture by scooping it with a spoon and into the palm of your hand to avoid contamination. Careful to not get water into your mixture or container because this will cause bacteria and eventually acne on your skin.
- Gently rub it across your face, lips and neck. DO NOT massage because facial skin is delicate and the mixture is a bit rough. Just slide it across your face until all areas are covered.
- Exfoliated no more than 30 seconds. Because we are using sugar I recommend you to NOT use a facial brush with this concoction, just too harsh.
- Rinse with warm water and dab your face dry with a clean towel.
- While pores are open, tone your skin and press in moisturizer if necessary.
Your skin will feel super soft, smooth, moisturized and very supple with a healthy glow.
How often to use?
I like to use the scrub at night and about 2-3 times a week. With regular use of the scrub, your skin will heal and you will use it less, down to at least once a week with sensitive skin.
Store the mixture in your refrigerator and it will last about 1 month without preservatives. With preservatives it’ll last about 3 months.
- Add organic-raw-unpasteurized honey for extra moisturizing, a drop or two
- Replace the hemp seed oil with a different carrier oils
- jojoba, sweet almond, olive, grapeseed, or avocado, which are all light for the face
Do you DIY beauty products? What facial scrubs do you use on your skin in the summer?
This post contains affiliate links from Amazon Associates but cost you nothing to click. I receive small commission if you purchase the item. Don’t worry, I only promote the good stuff 🙂
JUSTNATONYA OWNS AND POSSESS ALL RIGHTS TO IMAGES. ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN BY NATONYA UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. PLEASE CONTACT JUSTNATONYA@GMAIL.COM FOR USAGE AND APPROPRIATE CREDIT. FOR MORE INFO, REVIEW DISCLAIMER.