Are you someone who easily compliments others with no expectations in return? Kinda rewarding to make people feel good and comfortable in their own skin right? While it’s nice to make family, friends or even strangers smile, you can’t neglect personal happiness either.
Complimenting others is an easy job for me; in fact, I used to do it too much. I mean well and every word is genuine but less is more. I never want my words to become meaningless to the receiver, which introduced a new revelation.
You have to be fearless in loving yourself.
Although it’s rewarding to make others feel good, I found it difficult to compliment myself because of my modesty. Being modest is a sweet characteristic but it does hold you back from reaching full potential. Excelling to life’s next level means I need self-awareness. Hmm…how do you become more confident in yourself? 🤔
Confidence begins with personal appreciation by taking time to understand your heart and upgrading your way of thinking. Adopting what I like to call, a private selfish attitude. What is a private selfish attitude? It’s the mentality of being selfish by putting yourself first without overpowering others to prove your point. The great thing about this method is that you don’t need to tell anyone you’re being selfish. No verbal announcement to family and friends, just shift your way of thinking and start modifying your behavior.
She looks in the mirror and says ‘hello beautiful‘ 365 times a year.
Let me explain, a selfish attitude is only viewed negatively when bragging about your accomplishments to peers in a ‘put-down’ way to make yourself feel greater. We all can’t stand a bragger or a person who professes their achievements with the “in your face” attitude. While the “bragger” overdoes it, I’ll admit, sometimes we need to boast and applaud our accomplishments, just not to impress others but for ourselves…hence the private selfish attitude.
Selfishness is sometimes necessary as long as you’re not hurting people. Example, if you’re tired and your bestie asks you for a favor, don’t feel bad to say, “No.” They’ll respect you for taking time to take care of yourself. Plus no one wants someone to do something for them without a cheerful heart.
One way I like to practice a private selfish attitude is through daily affirmations. Positive reminders keep me prepared for unplanned situations by restoring my faith. Faith in God about the way he made me pushes me towards living my best life. I know reaching those ultimate goals will happen with constant reminding of where I’m going in life and not mentally living in my circumstances.
Affirmations boost confidence, encourage happy moods and send positive vibes to uplift the spirit.
Can’t depend on others to encourage you. Don’t ignore the good qualities in yourself and don’t be afraid to flatter your successful moments. Start celebrating everything, even the small things. Applaud your achievements even if is something as simple as swapping out your cinnamon bun for a juicy red apple.
So, I exercise affirmations by complimenting myself ever morning, afternoon and night. Understand, not everyone will give you a compliment, so why not do it yourself? The more I compliment myself, the closer I come to achieving my ultimate life goals.
Filling your mind with only positive thoughts will make life easier to fight off negativity faster and be more prepared for unpredictable difficulties. Here is a list of affirmations I created to tell yourself everyday in the mirror, I hope they resonate with you.
31 Self-Love Daily Affirmations
- Rejection is protection because it’s a detour to something better.
- My attitude is the foundation to the outcome of my day.
- A smile always slays a negative attitude.
- My vibes are a reflection to how I feel, guess what, I feel great!
- I am faithful in everything I do, even the little things.
- Today’s my day and no one will take that away from me.
- It’s gonna be a good one today.
- I tell myself everyday I can do anything because it’s true.
- No rush to get things done, I’ll get to it when I get to it.
- What time is it? Time for me to sit down and do nothing, no shame in relaxation.
- I don’t care I’m not like everyone else because I am extraordinary.
- Originality beats the rest.
- Opportunities will come my way.
- I’m not perfect yet but I’m pretty close today.
- I don’t live in regrets just life lessons learned.
- I can’t control your negativity but I will control my response.
- I’m a masterpiece, a beautiful work at it’s finest.
- I don’t have a problem being me and neither should anyone else.
- I believe in the best of things.
- Nothing’s stopping my flow today.
- I have the power to do anything I want.
- I’m doing my best and that will always be more than enough.
- My laugh is quirky but hey at least I’m laughing.
- It’s never to late to try again, so go for it!
- The only thing I HAVE TO DO today is smile.
- Not impossible but I’m possible.
- My circumstances don’t define me.
- Being me is easier than trying to be someone else.
- WOW! I look pretty amazing today.
- No more complaining, just more celebrating.
- Hello gorgeous you are going to accomplish cool things today.
How powerful would you feel waking up and speaking positive energy over your day before it begins? I bet you would feel amazing because I know I do. Nothing will harm you from giving yourself a little extra self love, so go for it! Take advantage of loving yourself in every kind of way.
Ladies, if you enjoy these affirmations, be sure to follow @sheiconic for more positive energy about being the best woman and raw in your own skin.
Which affirmation is you favorite? What things do you to boost your confidence?