Long night studying for your midterm? Did you and the girls have too much fun from the sleepover? Are you just plain tired from your daily routine and need a fashion break? It’s cool we all get busy sometimes and feel the need to not wear our ruffled button-down top with pencil skirts. Look at celebrities like Rihanna who wore icy blue silk floral pajamas to the premiere of her movie Battleship or Cher who conducted an interview in her leopard print pjs.
Pajamas or pyjamas in public is not uncommon in the celebrity world. Singers, actors, models and musicians such as Zendaya, Irina Shayk, Ryan Gosling, Jessica Alba, Wiz Khalifa and plenty more are taking the off-duty look to red carpet events and premieres. Although celebrities wear pajamas from high-end designers such as Dolce & Gabbana or Prada while walking the streets without a care, it doesn’t mean this look is only fit for an A-lister.
How to Wear Pajamas in Public
Top 5 Tips to Pulling this look off
Anyone can wear pajamas in public but it’s all about mastering this look in a classy way so people have to look twice to see if you’re truly wearing your nightwear in public. Similar to the 90s slip dress takeover trend that consistently repeats itself every year, you must make the necessary adjustments to make this style functional, convenient and rational to onlookers.
While this look is meant to be easy and effortless, you want to have intentions of looking nice. Just like the celebrities, we need to add certain items to make this into a real outfit. To avoid looking sloppy and like you rolled out of bed (even though you did) here are 5 tips to wearing pajamas in public.
Make it Sharp
- Don’t just wear your worn out nightwear you had from three years ago, make sure it’s the newest pair. You don’t have to go out and purchase a pair of nighties to achieve this look that would defeat the purpose of style-on-the-go.
Wear Only One Piece
- Easiest way for those who find this trend awkward is to wear one piece from the pajama set. Like Ryan Gosling, wear your silk top with a pair of slacks or even denim jeans and wear your pj bottoms with your favorite graphic tee.
All About the Shoes
- Adding slippers to this look is a NO-NO! The object of pjs in public is to make you nighties pass as an actual outfit, which means you need to pull out the goodies. Pair your pajamas with stilettos, pumps, open-toe sandals, ballerina flats or open-back mules for the slipper effect.
Say it with me, ACCESSORIZE!
- Invest in accessories such as midi rings, sunglasses, bracelets, chain belts, fedoras and printed clutch bags to make your look pop! Jewelry and handbags always pull this look together to give it a complete finish.
Outerwear Makes A Difference
- Treat your pajama set like a full outfit by adding a biker or denim jacket. Outerwear always add the finishing touches, plus it makes your outfit accessible for the colder the days.
Just like Cara Delevingne and Kate Beckinsale wearing your pajamas in public is not only comfortable, convenient but stylish. Try wearing one piece from the set or throw on a chain belt to make it sophisticated. Invest in trying new things and make trends into something of your own to update your style game.
Would you wear pajamas in public? If so, how would you wear this look?
JUSTNATONYA OWNS AND POSSESS ALL RIGHTS TO IMAGES. ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN BY NATONYA UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. PLEASE CONTACT JUSTNATONYA@GMAIL.COM FOR USAGE AND APPROPRIATE CREDIT. FOR MORE INFO, REVIEW DISCLAIMER.