GET TO KNOW ME
VOGUE’s 73 Questions always interested me in learning more about celebrities. From the likes of Michael B. Jordan, Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Zac Efron and Gigi Hadid, I discovered more down-to-earth facts about the stars making them into the guy or girl next door. How cool someone created a version for bloggers!
Blog comment threads always introduce something new to me. Last week, I was commenting on random posts and came across a VOGUE 73 Questions Parody from Emma over at Simply Em’s Blog. Be sure to check out her post here, she is quite witty and friendly. She didn’t tag me in the post but I was so fascinated by the idea, I decided to add myself. That’s the beauty of blogging, no rules to what you write and post. So if you’re reading this post and you find it interesting, just tag yourself!
You ready? Let’s gooooo!
VOGUE 73 Questions with JustNatonya
What’s your usual Starbucks order?
- I make coffee drinks at home but if I must have Starbucks, Caramel Brulee latter never fails around Christmas time!
What does your work station look like?
- If I’m not on the family desktop, then I’m usually in my big comfy chair by the window with a laptop, faux fur blanket, music blazing and something to eat or drink.
All-time favorite food?
- This is hard but probably an authentic 4 meat Neapolitan pizza! 🍕 Mediterranean cuisine is my favorite.
- Don’t have one but I like anything Victoria Magrath from InTheFrow writes and blogs.
What do you think of open relationships?
- Should never exist. If you have to call it open, then is it really a relationship?
What is your favorite video game?
- Old school Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Genesis! I’m a 90s kid!
Guilty pleasure treat?
- Lemon Drop Cookie from Panera Bread.
Your favorite movie?
- Don’t have a favorite because it always changes but I’m really into Luke Evans, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio films.
- The Bible 😍
Best advice you’ve ever received?
- “There is always room at the top, never feel like there isn’t any room for you.”- My Mama. My mom always gives me great advice.
Twitter or Instagram?
- Leaning more towards Twitter.
Are you a desktop or laptop person?
- Preferably desktop, the storage is way larger. 😂
What projects are you working on right now?
- I have a jewelry collaboration coming soon.
What’s your favorite color?
Did you get good grades in school?
- Yes. I made straight As and Bs.
- I want to work in the fashion industry and launch my own fashion/body posi magazine accompanied with a clothing line.
Played any sports?
- I was on my varsity drill team for 3 years, varsity band for one year and cheerleader for one year.
Do you have a degree?
- Yes. Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations and Minor in Business Administration.
What’s your favorite kind of blog post to do?
- I like sharing my fashion thoughts beyond style tips and what to wear but with a focus on body positivity and diversity in the industry.
What do you like to collect?
- VOGUE and PORTER Magazines.
Describe yourself in 3 words?
- Determined. Giving. Eclectic.
If you were a rapper what would your name rapper be?
- Das Nat🎶😎
Who was the last person you DM’d?
- Mikaela from A Blonde in the Crowd.
What’s on the top of your wish list right now?
- Chunky mules for spring and summer.
- I had to Google😂. Unpopular opinion: I’m not a Harry Potter fan. Never seen it and never will.
How many tattoos do you have?
What are you most grateful for this year?
- Learning that my opinions matter too and becoming more comfortable with myself.
What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
- FANEXPO Dallas! My sister and I met the kids from IT along with Charlie Hunnam and Ryan Hurst. We enjoyed the panels of IT featuring all seven kids minus Sophia. I hope to meet Bill Skarsgard one day! We also listened to Ryan and Charlie describe their perspectives on Sons of Anarchy. Check my insta highlights of my meet n’ greets for a few pics.
What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
- The compliment I gave myself this morning. I like doing daily self-care affirmations to keep the good vibes flowing.
What’s the best thing ever?
Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
Do you like surprises?
- YES! Especially when watching shows, never give me spoilers.
What’s the biggest surprise you ever had?
- When I was younger, my mother planned a birthday party for me and gave me my first bike.
What’s the surprise that made you cry?
- Haven’t had one yet but knowing me, I bet it’ll be my marriage proposal.
What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given someone?
- Surprised my family with Christmas gifts from H&M.
Do you like muffins?
- Pumpkin muffins are my fave!
Do you cook often?
- All the time! Call me Martha😂 Well, I’m not a professional chef but I have some nice kitchen skills.
What’s your favorite dessert?
- Dark chocolate fudgy brownies with chocolate chips.
Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Cake or pie?
What’s your least favorite food?
What’s your favorite condiment?
- Creamy garlic aioli.
It’s 4 AM on a Saturday night, what would you eat?
- Leftover honey buttermilk fried chicken.
If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
- Lifestyle Hermeneutics: How to Live Your Best Life Now.
Best animated film?
- Tie between: Pocahontas, Beauty & The Best and The Lion King.
What has a guy done or said to impress you?
- Still waiting.
Best thing to do on a first date?
- Show yourself friendly by asking exciting questions.
Worst thing to do on a first date?
- Talk about your ex and burp.
What’s the funniest pick-up line a guy could use on a girl?
- Do you know what I’m made of? Boyfriend material.
Best comic book character?
What are three things that are always in your purse?
- Besides the obvious like keys and wallet: my main three are lotion, lip pencil and sunglasses.
- Peach-mango iced tea!
If you could play a historical figure in a movie who would it be?
- Miss Janet Jackson! Fun fact, in high school my history teacher selected me to play Jazz Singer Billie Holiday for a special class project called I love the 50s.
Kittens or puppies?
- I’ll say puppies even though I’m still overcoming the nerves I feel around dogs.
Tell me your favorite sushi roll?
- My sister shared with me a crunchy shrimp tempura sushi roll and it was DELICIOUS!🤤👏🏾
What kind of lipstick do you use?
- I mainly use the NYX Nutmeg Lip pencil to line and fill my lips.
What kind of fountain do you use?
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation | Shade NW43
Blow dry or air dry?
- Lately, I’ve been blow drying my hair with the Revlon One Step Hair Dryer Paddle Brush. I only used it three times. Review coming soon!
Who is your fashion icon?
- Camila Coelho or Brittany Xavier because they always dress in edgy sophisticated outfits. These two ladies are not afraid to step outside their fashion comfort zone to play with patterns, textures and colors.
Favorite Disney Character?
- Pocahontas. She took a stand for what she believed in, no one could tell her different.
What are you doing for tomorrow?
- Writing blog posts and making lifestyle flatlays.
Movie you laughed the hardest through?
- So many but I will have to say Major Payne.
Movie that made you cry?
- 90s version of Disney’s The Lion King.
If you could sing a duet with someone, who would it be?
If your life was a song, what would the title be?
- She is She.
What’s your favorite animal?
- White tiger because they’re rare.
- My younger sister is an awesome drawer! She likes makeup, check her Instagram @chanel_katrina_
Person you wanna have coffee with?
- Fashion Blogger Camila Coelho because she was the first person I discovered to learn more about blogging as a career.
What’s the country you wish to visit?
- Italy is number one on my wishlist! The language, the food, the architecture…did I mention the food?
Best way to decompress?
- I turn on my favorite laid back tunes from artists like NAO, H.E.R., BANKS, Carly Pearce, Tink, Sinead Harnett, Birdy and just stare out the window.
12 Bloggers I’m Tagging
Below are the 12 ladies I’m tagging to participate on their blog. Mention my article and answer the 73 Vogue Parody Questions in a blog post. Don’t forget to tag 12 people at the end. I can’t wait to read your answers and learn a little bit more about you. Tag me on Twitter so I can share your post!
- Des from It’s Better In Heels
- Mikaela from A Blonde in the Crowd
- Michelle from Simply Mich
- Christy from Natural Goddess
- Tajinder from Tajinder Kaur
- Kiara from StyledByKi
- Dalene from Dalene Ekirapa
- Bexa from Hello Bexa
- Erica from GrandFashLife
- Angela from Weird Louise
- Ruth from Ruth in Revolt
- Sarah from PoutineAndPrada
What’s the most interesting fact you learned about me?
JUSTNATONYA OWNS AND POSSESS ALL RIGHTS TO IMAGES. ALL PHOTOS ARE TAKEN BY NATONYA UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. PLEASE CONTACT JUSTNATONYA@GMAIL.COM FOR USAGE AND APPROPRIATE CREDIT. FOR MORE INFO, REVIEW DISCLAIMER.