As the weather cools down, fall calls for more afternoon walks in the park, bike rides, and knitwear for days. It’s the perfect opportunity for families to do some outdoor shopping at farmer’s markets, prepare for the homecoming dance and cheer on local football teams. Autumn makes a sweet season to marry your true love in an harvest-like arboretum for those seeking that desired “love-in-the-air New York” vibe. Fall is the season for couples to cuddle on the beach over a bonfire and watch the sunset or spend an evening hand-in-hand at the spookiest haunted house.
With quarantine rules still in effect, not everyone feels fully comfortable going out in public to engage in typical autumnal activities such as hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, fruit picking or even visiting the zoo. Just because you’re staying indoors doesn’t mean you can’t still have those dreamy fall adventures you search on Pinterest or Instagram. I’ve come up with a list of easy at-home autumnal date ideas for couples to enjoy!
Easy Autumn-themed Date Ideas at Home
- Carve pumpkins but go the extra mile and let your partners hands become your hands.
- Watch football together or even play a game or two in the backyard.
- Tell ghost stories to each other over popcorn and candy while wearing matching pajamas.
- Halloween Costume Party for two.
- Cook an autumnal dinner together.
- DIY romantic bingo.
- Bake sweet potato pie or pumpkin bread together.
- Autumnal scavenger hunt.
- Read scary books to each other.
- Couple photoshoot in backyard with leaves.
- Afternoon picnic in backyard or a fall-decorated living room.
- Bob candied apples or make caramel dipped apples together.
- Yoga pose challenge.
- Host bonfire in the backyard.
- Camping in the backyard or living room.
- Scary movie marathon with dinner.
- Board game night.
- Roast marshmallows and hot dogs over a campfire.
While it’s nice to venture out in the public for outdoor shopping, nature hikes or annual October festivals, staying at home saves money and makes you more creative with loved ones. These autumn date night ideas listed are not just warm and cozy activities for couples, they make great things to do with your best friend or family members.
Not in a relationship, well that’s ok! You can still have a date night for yourself with one-on-one activities.
If you’re in the mood for more fall inspiration, check out my Just Autumn Vibes Pinterest board. I include those traditional fall neighborhoods, tons of pumpkins, baked goods, coffee and books along with those moody flat lays that give you all the autumnal cozy feels!
Fashion bloggers if you’re looking for more autumn-themed blog posts to write about what to wear, check out the one I wrote last year, read it here.
What are your ideas for date night at home? Which idea from the list sounds interesting?