FADING MY ACNE SCARS
Do you struggle finding the perfect set of products to fade your acne scars? Are your acne scars hindering you from feeling like your best self? How about those random zits you get from stressful moments, eating too much sugar or that time-of-the-month signal? You want all the red bumps and irritated pimples to just go away right? Same here!
However, finding the best products that are not only affordable but suitable for your skin type and that actually work isn’t easy. Especially for sensitive skin, finding the perfect brand is like a second job. As someone with sensitive skin, I feel like my product search is highly limited. Even with brands that claim to be suitable for all skin types are still too harsh for my super sensitive skin.
What’s the short story on my skin?
Ever since I had my first major breakout at 13 years old, I struggled with all types of acne. Genetic, hormonal, cystic, stress, diet, you name it I had all forms of acne and my skin stayed congested. After years of trial and error with numerous skincare brands, natural remedies and trips to dermatologists, I finally figured out a system that works for me. I’m 32 years old and I still have acne scars, dark spots and pimples from time to time but my skin is way more in control.
I know the burning question: What did I do?
Yes, I still eat meat, but have milk and sweets in moderation. Plus, I upped my water intake to at least 84oz/day. However, the major change for me was skincare product selection. I thoroughly researched and zoned in on the best ingredients to cater my super sensitive acne-prone skin. If products didn’t contain ingredients suitable for sensitive skin, I didn’t buy it. Long story short, I eventually found products that corrected my acne, however I was having a hard time removing the dark spots until now.
Recently, I collaborated with skincare brand Banish Acne Scars because all their products contain a substantial amount of ingredients suitable for sensitive skin like cucumber, aloe vera, chamomile and rosehip oil. Most importantly, Daisy’s story makes this collaboration even better.
**This post is sponsored by Banish. All items are gifted by Banish. However, all opinions are genuinely mine. I only promote brands and products that I believe in and benefit you as a consumer. For more details, read my disclaimer.
Sis, Tell Me More About Banish Acne Scars!
Formed in California by Daisy Jing, Banish’s primary mission is to skip the temporary fix and deliver a skincare line that actually works in getting rid of acne. They focus not just on old acne marks and hyperpigmentation but textured skin and other forms of scarring. Their blog features detailed information about treating different types of acne scars.
All products by Banish are plant-based, natural, vegan and freshly made to fade acne scars and soothe textured skin. They’re based in the U.S. but offer international shipping!
Daisy’s encouraging background story about struggling to get her best face forward and finding the right products for her skin reminded me of my journey. She too had cystic stubborn acne that wasn’t cured by dermatologists who recommended Benzoyl Peroxide or Differin Gel. It’s like nothing worked, so she turned to YouTube and shared her story.
As Daisy’s followers grew, her skin began to clear up with her use of organic products. She was more determined than ever to remove her acne scars. After graduating college, she saved four thousand dollars to invest in laser surgery. Just before the costly procedure, she met a plastic surgeon who suggested a safer method through vitamin c paired with a special cosmetic tool. A light bulb went off for Daisy and she developed the banisher tool along with her acne-clearing skincare line.
How inspiring is that story?! No way I couldn’t be part of this movement. I immediately accepted the collaboration offer and Banish quickly mailed me their starter kit and face cleanser to try on my sensitive skin.
Now Let’s Get to the Deets: How Does Banish Skincare work?
Banish Starter Kit includes everything you need to begin your journey to clear skin. However, it doesn’t include the All Clear Mint Cleanser that was an extra for me.
⚠️Major Tip: I recommend massaging the Vitamin C Creme, All Clear Mint Cleanser, Pumpkin Enzyme Masque and Fighter Gel for at least 15-30 seconds into the skin to see quicker results. I noticed a major difference vs patting those products into the skin.
Storage Bag– where else are you going to keep these genius beauties?
Banisher 2.0– embellished with gold-plated titanium bristles for effective pressure in microneedling; designed with a built in protective cap and cleaning container
how does it work?
- Use 1x/wk at night
- Don’t apply makeup until 8hrs after using the banisher
- After washing face with a cleanser, use the built-in cap and clean the banisher with 70% alcohol for 5 minutes
- Let air dry for 2 minutes
- With clean sanitized hands, apply the banisher only to scars, press gently, lift and rotate at a 90° angle to the next area; do about 5 times
- When finished, immediately apply the banish oil or Vitamin C Creme
- Clean the tool again
- It looks intimidating but it feels more gentle because your face is wet and soft
- I definitely saw a difference, my face looks brighter!
Banish Oil– a Vitamin C serum designed to fade hyperpigmentation and acne scars quicker than other traditional Vitamin C products
how does it work?
- Serum meant to be used in conjunction with the banisher tool to help fade dark spots
- After using the banisher tool, immediately apply the oil to the areas
- Can be used as a regular serum too
- So soft and rubs into the skin easily
- Moisturizer and/or creams absorb better into the skin
- Calming effect to face too
Pumpkin Enzyme Masque– jam packed with natural exfoliants of AHAs and BHAs to rid first layer of dead skin to revitalize the tone and improve textured skin
How Does it work?
- Use 1-3x/wk
- Do not use after the banisher
- Apply on clean skin
- Spread a thin layer and let sit for 10-15 minutes until it dries
- Rinse off, pat face dry and apply serums and/or moisturizers or creams
- SMELLS LITERALLY LIKE PUMPKIN PIE!
- Face tingles but it was pleasant
- Has exfoliant properties, I first rub it across my face like a scrub first then let it sit for 10-15 minutes until dry
- Masque rinses off easily, left no residue
- Perfect exfoliator for sensitive skin because it’s effective and gentle
Fighter Gel– water based gel treatment for calming breakouts, redness, irritation, inflammation and even eczema
how does it work?
- Apply after washing face but use before serums and moisturizer or creams
- Use only on active acne
- Can be used on other body parts with acne too
- Perfect for period pimples or other random acne
- Has tingling sensation and coolness, makes you feel like it’s triggering the pimple
- Literally shrunk my giant red hormonal pimple down in about three weeks! (SEE PICTURES BELOW)
- Sensitive skin beauties, start using only 1x/day for a week then increase to 2x/day until acne is gone
Vitamin C Beauty Elixir– facial mist filled with Vitamin C to brighten and hydrate dull skin
how does it work?
- After washing face, spray all over to rehydrate
- Similar to a toner
- Very moisturizing
- Great way to get extra vitamin c in during the day
- I recommend two spritzs, spread around the face and gently pat into skin
Vitamin C Creme– this is a moisturizing creme concentrated with 20% Vitamin C
how does it work?
- Apply to face like a moisturizer
- Intense amount of vitamin c to help fade dark spots even more
- Feels thick but it’s not heavy on the skin
- Suitable for day and night
- Extra boost of vitamin c really helps brighten my face
- Recommend massaging into skin and acne to help release the fluid and bring pimples to a head, you’ll see a huge difference in your skin faster!
All Clear Mint Cleanser– suitable for ALL skin types and filled with aloe vera juice, chamomile and cucumber to keep the skin calm yet clean
how does it work?
- 2 pumps into wet hands and gently massage into skin for 30 seconds
- Rinse skin with lukewarm water
- Great lather but non-drying
- Foams as you rub into skin and then it disappears, leaving you feeling like your face is taking in all the good nutrients
- Minty scent
- Rinses clean
USE MY CODE ‘JUSTNATONYA‘
FOR $5 OFF ORDERS $50 OR MORE
International Shipping Available
Does Banish really fade acne scars?
Banish skincare system works. With consistent use, you will see a difference in less than a month. It delivered results in fading my acne spots, plus it hasn’t caused new acne or breakouts. Because my face is familiar with the complimenting sensitive-skin ingredients from their products, it didn’t even purge. Three days later, my skin instantly looked brighter and in THREE WEEKS I SAW OBVIOUS CHANGES!
I noticed the big red pimple shrinking and the leftover acne spot fading! While I know it’s going to take time to fully fade my old acne scars, it’s great to be on a promising skincare journey. I’m also grateful to find a brand that quickly and gently heals my random acne flare-ups.
I feel so happy this brand reached out to me because it has helped change my complexion. I really feel like they nailed it on brightening and evening out skin tones. I feel comfortable not wearing my powder foundation. It’s relieving to find a skincare line that safely delivers long-lasting results with natural ingredients. Others are benefiting too, check out their Banish Acne Diaries of before and after photos.
You know that saying, “put your best foot forward” well Banish helps you put your best face forward too. Our faces are our identities and walking business cards. If we don’t feel confident about ourselves then we won’t feel serious about the work we produce. Instead we’ll put out negative energy into the world. Of course inner beauty comes before outer image, however, Banish gives you an easy glimpse of hope for brighter, youthful and healthier skin.
Have you tried Banish before? Which product interests you the most? What would you consider trying?